OK, I don't really have a good explanation for why I voluntarily viewed this film, except that I read the book when I was younger and it was OK in a crappy, guilty pleasure, only socially acceptable when you're a teenager kind of way. And I was bored. And it was free online. Don't judge.
- OK, so...if I went to this guy's school, I would key the shit out of his car. On like a daily basis. Just saying.
- I'm a little unsure of what this election speech is going for. I mean, I understand that they're laying the groundwork to show that this kid is an asshole and high school students are sheep, but it's all a little...nonsensical. Granted, it has been a whole five years since I've been in high school, but if anyone actually got up on stage, called us ugly, and told us we should vote for him just because he's rich and beautiful...well, we'd just call him a douche. I mean, he's basically like:
|Vote for me!|
- Actually don't hate Mary Kate as the Witch. Is the world coming to an end?
- OK, is this the part where we learn that beautiful, rich, popular Kyle actually has a difficult life full of tragedy and I should be all sympathetic to the plight of the entitled Manhattan teenager? Please. I may be five years out of high school, but I still have that petty chip on my shoulder.
- Anyone else questioning why this Kendra chick, who's attractive and dresses like a runway model, is the social outcast of the century? Aren't there any LARPers or D&D enthusiasts at this school?
- "Go blow a goat!" Um...what? Probably one of the best random insults in a teen movie. Right up there with, "Did you eat a brain tumor for breakfast?" from Heathers.
- I'm struggling to reconcile a world where Vanessa Hudgens is the ugly girl.
- Ummm...there's definitely tons of girls who would go for the whole skinhead, weird tats look. They should have made him furry. Furry's a lot harder sell.
- Neil Patrick Harris?! I'm so glad you showed up, this movie just got 66.66% better. Let's have an NPH party.
- "You went to regular school?" Is it just me or is that a pretty offensive question to ask a blind guy? It's like, Woah they let you go to school with normal people?
- Oh please. He deletes his myspace account (or whatever outdated social networking site that's supposed to be), and when the computer asks him why, he types, "I am no more." Dude, go read Catcher in the Rye and cry about how no one understands you, you emo douche.
- I seriously want NPH to tell this kid to Suit Up. It quite possibly could have redeemed this movie.
- Do newscasters really make enough money to afford a kick ass apartment in Manhattan, as well as a multiple story house in what appears to be Brooklyn? Shit, and a lake cottage?? And let's be clear, when I say lake cottage, I mean lake palatial estate.
- OK assholes, the conductors on NY trains don't actually say All Aboard anymore.
- So, when Kyle/Hunter shows up to tell Lindy that he loves her...is there anywhere they could have carried out this very private conversation besides a crowded hallway full of nosy high school students?