RSS

Happy 50th Review!

50 reviews down, 950 to go!


I better get going!



Thanks to everyone who reads my inane ramblings, it really does mean a lot to me. :)

Some really quick awards!

The Top Five Movies (That I Hadn't Already Seen Before Starting the List)

1. Spirited Away - Fun, imaginative, scary, and ever so slightly off kilter.  Everything I love in a children's film and more!

2. My Life as a Dog - Kind of depressing, but this Swedish films wins by creating some deeply empathetic characters that you truly come to care about through the course of the film.  And some really nice performances from the child actors.

3. La Jetee - How does a 28 minute long film manage to leave such a deep impression on you, to the point where you're thinking about it days later?  I don't know.  Ask the guy who made La Jetee.  He seems to have a handle on it.

4. The Big Parade - Who says silent films can never match the emotional resonance of talkies?  Love John Gilbert in this, but the real winner here is the realistic, horrifying depiction of WWI.  It's unbelievable what they were able to accomplish in this film.

5. Gregory's Girl - Not much to say here, just that this is an incredibly fun coming of age film, I will never stop being amazed at the quality of it given its comically small budget, and what could possibly be wrong with a movie that made me smile for every single second of its duration?


And just so that there's a little bit of equilibrium.

The Top Five Movies That I Will...Err...Probably Not Be Watching Again

1. Shane - Nothing personal, I just don't like westerns.  And this one's crap.  No, just kidding.  Kind of.

2. Scorpio Rising - Surely there's an audience for a film that centers around a bunch of bikers putting on leather chaps and fixing cars and, I don't know, doing the YMCA or something...I just don't happen to be part of it.

3. Listen to Britain - This one isn't so much an insult.  Why would anyone need to watch a 20 minute propaganda film about home life in Britain during WWII more than once?

4. Duck Soup - The puns almost killed me the first time around, it seems to be tempting fate to give it another go.

5. Strike - I know, I just finished watching it.  It's certainly not a bad film, it's just...why would I ever want to watch it more than once?


Thanks for reading, and here's to another 50 reviews!!  If you want to check out the reviews I've already done, head over to The Archive!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your first milestone! Keep 'em coming, I enjoy your reviews!

Post a Comment

Blog Directory